by Sweet Revelations
It may be that you don't want to spend money on the shops to purchase a fog machine that you would only use once in a year, you can prepare your fog machine at home with household items which are more economical and disposable.
The things you will need to create your fog machine all depends on the type of effect you want to create. If you want to create a creepy fog so as to produce a horror mood, you will need the following items;
If you want to create a standard fog that rises or falls, the items you will need are as follows;
1. Fill a container with water and place it on a microwave or stove to heat up. You can even use direct water from your tap if it is hot. Make sure that it did not reach the boiling point. The temperature of the water appropriate for you to use should be at the range of 120-180 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you do not have a thermometer to test the temperature, you can test the water with your hands to ensure that it is not scalding to your touch.
2. Proceed to fill your glass jar with the already hot water. Do not pour all the water at once. Pour the hot water little by little into the glass jar to prevent the glass from cracking due to the hot water and swirl it around inside the jar.
You can then fill the glass jar to the brim and allow the water to sit inside it for a complete minute. To avoid the hot water destroying your glass jar, you can use an alternative can like the Mason or ball jar which is resistant to hot water.
3. Then wait for about a minute. You can easily set your time to make sure of the accurate time.
4. Reduce the water that is inside the jar to about 2.5 cm or 1 inch so as to maintain a very hot glass jar or Can that has hot water at the base.
Remember to always use a hot pad to prevent the hot water pouring on your hand and causing burns.
5. Positions the metal strainer on top of the hot jar so as to enable the basket side of the strainer goes inside the jar.
While doing that, make sure that the metal strainer did not have a touching contact with the water. The strainer can only enjoy the warm air from the inside of the jar only.
6.Pour 3 to 4 cubes of ice inside the metal strainer. You can also fill the cover of the jar with ice cubes particles and place it on top of the hot jar as an alternative.
In case your metal strainer is very small and can't contain the needed ice cubes for the job, you can always crush the ice into pieces.
7. When the cold ice comes in contact with the hot dense air that is inside the jar, a fog is created. You should monitor the fog to make sure that it forms properly. The hot air that is inside the jar should condense immediately it meets with the cold air from the ice cubes to cause the fog.
You can quickly spray inside of the jar with an aerosol spray to make your fog to last longer. If you want to arrive at fog that is colorful, just add some drops of domestic coloring to the hot water inside the jar for this effect.
Whatever effect you are adding, make sure that you are fast about it because if the water cools down, the fog will likely disappear.
If you want to create a fog with the Glycerin solution, the following items will be needed;
Although a do-it-for-yourself fog machine is looked upon as a simple task, you can make mistakes that will result in inappropriate effects if you are not guided properly.
That is why we took our time to write this article which is solely entered on teaching you how you can successfully make your own fog machine with your household items.
So you see, instead of buying a fog machine to use just once for the end of the year party or program, reading the post on SweetRevelations you can now make a fog machine with those household items that wouldn't cost you much.
About Sweet Revelations