Best Fog Machines For The Money: Reviews in 2018 (Updated)
The fog machine is the secret ingredient that brings success to the stagecraft business. You can use it to create any type of effect or lighting that you wish for your audience.
There has been an evolution of the fog machine which was made to give you the opportunity to create more powerful stage effects to "wow" your spectators. What the audience of these days is interested in is the mysterious special effect that comes through unexpected lightning or the incredible fog effect.
There are so many fog machines in the market today but it is not all of them that will give you what you are looking for. That is why, after carrying out much research, we have gathered together a list of the best fog machines available on the market.
Therefore, if you are plan events, hosts parties in your home or organize parties for others, this article is for you. We have simplified the whole thing for you just take your time and read through this post so that you will not make mistake when selecting the fog machine to buy.
Our top 4 picks in short:
Top 10 Best Fog Machines Reviews 2018:
1. Chauvet DJ Hurricane 700 Fog Machine w/Wired Remote
This fog machine is appropriate for any light show, party or stage performances. It brings out high-end innovations to your performance. It heats up very fast to fill your venue with water based fog just in minutes.
The tank of the Chauvet Dj Hurricane 700 fog machine is generously big to contain enough fog juice to produce as much fog effect as would like.
It even comes with an additional water based fog juice which you can use immediately before proving your own. The capacity of its liter is 0.6 and it has a heat up time of 2 ½ minutes which made it the perfect fog machine that is suitable for small venues.
- This machine is made to be portable and light in weight.
- The Chauvet Dj Hurricane fog machine creates and releases water based effects to increase the quality of your light shows.
- It comes with an additional fog fluid and a wired remote control with the wire length of 13 feet.
- The tank is made of the capacity of 0.2 gallons or 0.6 liters respectively.
- It has a quick heat up time of 2 ½ minutes.
- The length of it remote is 13 feet or 4 meters
- It also comes with a user manual to guide you step by step.
- The fluid consumption is 7.5ml per minute
- Its output is about 1,500 cfm
- The voltage input of this machine is 120 VAC, 60 Hz 230Volts, 50Hz
- The power and current is 471watts, 3.9A, 50Hz
- Its weight is about 4lb
- The dimensions are 8.5x 7.1 x 4.9
2. 1byone Halloween Fog Machine
This fog machine provide enhancement to the atmosphere of your live concerts, weddings, dances, mysterious parties and any other gatherings.
It provides spooky Halloween fog effects that are non-toxic or harmful to the health of the audience.
When it is in operation, this fog machine constantly provides light unscented spooky fog that lasts for a long time.
The 1byone Halloween fog machine utilizes 400 watts, 2000 cubic feet/minute and simple to operate.
In fact, you can safely operate this brand of fog machine by using the wired remote control it came with.
- It is built with the output capacity of 2000 cubic feet per minute.
- You can easily and safely use this fog machine with the help of the wired remote control.
- This fog machine has a visual meter that contains the fog fluid.
- The 300ml tank is generously built to contain the large capacity of fog fluid that can release non-toxic fog.
- The body of this particular machine is constructed with high-quality aluminum material for a long lifespan.
- There is an added bonus of a power cable, a wired remote control and a user manual to guide you step by step.
- The 1byone Halloween Fog machine even comes with a 1-year warranty and customer care services.
- It warms up as fast as 3 to 5 minutes
- The output distance is 8.2 feet
- Power usage is 400 watts
- Capacity of the tank is 10.5 fl.oz or 300ml
- The fog output is 2000 cubic feet per minute
- Power sources input of AC 120V 60Hz
- Dimensions are 9.84 x 7.54 x 4.49
- Fuse 5A, 125V
This machine is made with an impressive portable streamline body work. The Theefun fog machine constantly create an identical, unscented and suitable fog that will last for a long time.
The fog produced by this machine brings vibrancy to the atmosphere of your family gatherings, entertainment venues, balls, parties, live concerts, pubs or stages.
With the Theefun TFM01 400-watt portable fog machine, all you need is to keep your machine out of sight and use the remote control. The machine will then release a blast of fog.
However you must take precautions like filling the tank of the machine with enough fog fluid before setting it in motion to prevent danger. Again, make sure that the fog is not directed to your audience, fire or any source of heat.
- It creates a uniform and odorless spray that lasts long.
- The Theefun fog machine heats up very fast in just a few minutes and produces up to 2000 cubic feet in a minute.
- This fog machine travels a distance of about 2-3 meters.
- It is built so that you can easily use it with a remote control.
- The fluid level is made visible to give you direct control over the fog machine.
- Theefun fog machine is made of a high-quality aluminum material that is long lasting.
- This specific machine saves energy.
- Theefun brand produces the fog that is not acidic or harmful to health.
- The Theefun fog machine is particularly produced to enhance a lively atmosphere of your events.
- It is built with the voltage of AC11v /60Hz
- The power it utilizes is 400watts
- The capacity of the tank is 300ml or 0.079 gallons
- Consumption of the fluid is 7 ½ ml per minute
- Output is 2000 Cfm
- It's warm up time is 2 to 3 minutes
- Length of the remote control is 9.8 feet
- The weight is about 4lbs
- The dimensions are 23 x 11 x 11.5cm
4. Chauvet DJ Hurricane 1000 Compact Fog Machine
This fog machine is lightweight, portable and known to produce dense fog. You easily use it with a wired or wireless remote control. The Tank of the Chauvet Dj Hurricane 1000 Compact fog machine is lighted with a LED and a fog button which you can manually operate to enhance your performance.
There is also a heat indicator that provides safety and shows you the level of the fog fluid available. This fog machine can heat up very fast to provide you with a fog output that is free of water residue.
To be precise, the Chauvet Dj Hurricane fog machine give you high-quality performance with new upgrades in technology.
- Chauvet DJ is compact and light in weight.
- It can enhance your light show performance with the thick bursts of fog it releases.
- You can operate this particular fog machine from afar with the wired or wireless remote control.
- A new innovation of technology is used to design this fog machine which enables it to perform on demand.
- Chauvet DJ has a fog button which you can manually operate easily with the tips of your finger.
- This machine heats up very fast to enable you to set your show in motion quickly.
- The Tank is illuminated by a LED to enhance the effects.
- There is also a safety heater indicator built into the unit of this fog machine.
5. Chauvet DJ Hurricane 1301 Fog Machine
The Chauvet Dj Hurricane 1301 has an upgraded fog fluid sensor that automatically shuts the pump off immediately the level of the fluid reduces. This feature helps to protect the fog machine from overheating and sustaining damages.
The manual fog button that is built into the systems of this machine makes it easy to use. You can easily operate the machine with its timer remote control.
The Tank of this high-end fog machine is illuminated by an LED which makes it possible for you to visualize the fog fluid in the machine.
When you are making use of the Chauvet DJ Hurricane 1301, you are sure of operating with the perfect fog machine that is capable of providing a fog in any venue of your choice.
This fog machine is built with high-quality materials which can perform efficiently for you for a very long time.
- Chauvet DJ Hurricane 1301 has an advanced fog fluid sensor that shuts off automatically when the fluid is low to prevent overheating and damages.
- It can be operated with a manual fog button that makes it easy to control.
- The Led illuminated tank helps to provide safety and improve the performance of this fog machine.
- Hurricane 1301 comes with a wired remote control with timer settings.
- The body build is compact and it produces thick bursts of water based fog.
- It is designed to heat up very fast in minutes and fill your venue with the required fog.
6. Theefun TFM01 400-Watt Portable Fog Machine
This machine is specifically built to spit out dense and scentless fog at the rate of 2000 CFM and 2-3 meter distance.
Theefun TFM01 fog machine is impressive with a portable streamlined body.
The machine's fog production is consistent, odorless and lasts for a very long time.
The entire operation is made easy and simple with the help of the wired remote control. All you need to do is to keep your fog machine out of sight of the spectators and then click your remote control to entertain your audience with a spell bounding fog blast.
- It is designed to provide uniform, odorless fog just in a few minutes.
- The fog output of this machine is up to 2000 cubic feet per minute and travels the distance of 2-3 meters.
- It comes with a wired remote control which makes it easy and simple to use.
- This fog machine tank is illuminated making it possible for you to have a visual of the fluid level and to have total control of your fog machine.
- The Theefun TFM01 fog machine is solidly built to dissipate its heat and to last for a very long time.
- This particular fog machine is designed to preserve energy and to emit non-toxic fog consistently.
- It is built to be the best atmosphere enhancer and to be used indoors only.
- There is also an additional user manual to guide your every step.
- Power usage is 400 watts
- Voltage is AC 110v/60Hz
- The Tank capacity is 300ml
- Fog output is about 2000 cubic feet per meter
- Fluid consumption is around 7.5 ml per minute
- Weight is 4lbs
- Length of the remote wire is 9.8 feet or 3 meters
- Warm up period of 3-5 minutes
- Dimensions : 23 x 11 x 11.5
- Output is 2-3m
7. Chauvet Hurricane 901 Fog Machine
This fog machine is affordable and still produce a decent fog output effectively. It is a fog machine that can create a smoky atmosphere to improve your light show.
The Chauvet Hurricane 901 fog machine can produce up to 4000 cubic feet per meter.
It is known for its compatibility and weighs 8 pounds which enable you to operate it easily.
It perfectly operates with water based fluid that does not leave any toxic residue.
You can thoroughly use the Chauvet Hurricane 901 fog machine safely and with ease, with the help of the wired remote control, it came with.
- It is portable built to be a lightweight of 8 pounds and creates thick bursts of fog.
- The operation of this fog machine is perfected by the water based fog juice which does not leave any toxic side effects.
- The Tank of this particular fog machine is illuminated by LED which helps to improve the effects and provide safety.
- It is designed to heat up as fast as 1.5 minute and produce a fog output of 4000 cfm.
- The tank capacity is rated at 1.3 liters
- It comes with a remote control to enable you to operate the machine from a distance.
- It weighs 7.7 pounds
- Dimensions are 10.4 x 9.1 x 8.7 inches
- Tank capacity is 1.3 liter
- Heat up time of 1-5 minutes
- Fog output is about 4000 cubic feet per meter
8. MARQ Fog 400 LED, 400W Water-Based Special Effects Fog Machine
The Marq fog is designed with 4 different housing colors so that it can suitably fit into any event you want to use it for.
It is made to be affordable to all and sundry and comes with 3 single colored LED. This feature enables the fog machine to emit the fog effect known as the ‘Pyro' which can illuminate your dance floor with special effects.
In fact, you can easily and safely operate the Marq fog 400 Led machine just with the snap of wired remote control.
The outer body is designed with powder coated color to give it a unique look. It comes in three different colors Red, White and Blue so that you can choose the best color to suit your occasion.
The power source of this fog machine is built into its unit together with the meter that controls the fluid level. This is to ensure that you have the absolute control of the fog machine.
With the Marq Fog machine, all you have to do is to fill the machine's tank with the fog fluid, allow it to warm up and then press the button. Then stand back and watch the incredible lightening effects that will bust out from your machine.
- It is designed with three different colors to produce the ‘Pyro" effect.
- This particular fog machine can be activated with a wired remote control with a push-button.
- The Marq fog 400 Led machine is capable of releasing 1500 cubic feet per meter fog.
- It perfectly operates with water-based fog fluids like the FogFluid12oz, FogFluidQt, and the FogFluidGal.
- The housing of this machine is powder coated to produce three unique colors.
- The capacity of the Tank is 16.9fl oz.
- Wire length of the remote is 3.3 feet
- It heats up in 3 minutes
- Fog output is at 1500 ft3 per minute
- The fluid usage is about 0.13 ounces per minute
- Power and current utilized is 400 watts 3.3A @ 120 V 60Hz.
- It weighs 3.8 lbs.
- Dimensions : 9.3 x 4.6 x 6.4 inches
9. 1byone 1500W Fog Machine
This fog machine's production is a rave amongst both adults and children. It is the best fog machine that can create the creepy graveyard effect and the green stick illumination for an additional effect.
The 1byone 1500W fog machine can be used outdoors to create a spooky and frightening atmosphere for the Halloween season. All you need is the right amount of wind to flood your street with creepy and scary fog that lasts for a long time.
This fog machine operates very quietly which adds to its creepy effect also an additional eerie music that plays at the same time the fog is spitting out.
This particular fog machine comes with a wired and wireless remote control which enables you to add special effects. It can also help you to control the timing of fog output and when you want your fog effect to retreat.
The 1byone 1500W fog machine is specifically designed to have a metal body construction which enables it to provide several densities of fog outputs.
You can even use this fog machine for indoor events effectively because of the hose drain which was built into its units.
This fog machine is built to be a lightweight of 4.7 pounds which makes it very easy to carry around to your respective event destination.
To be precise, this fog machine can give you what you want and still maintain safety at the same time with the help of an automatic alarm. This alarm is built in to alert you whenever the tank of the fog machine is empty of fog juice.
- It is built with metal body construction so as to produce thick quality fogs that last long.
- It comes with a wired and wireless remote control with a timer for special effects.
- A hose drain that enables you to use your fog machine indoors conveniently.
- An automatic alarm that goes off immediately the fog juice tank dries off.
- Warm up period: 3-5 minutes
- Distance of the output: 11.4 feet or 3.5 meters
- Capacity of the tank: 200ml or 0.53 gallons
- Body outline: 18.74 x 11 x 9.6
- Fog output: 4000 cubic feet per minute
10. 1byone 700 Watt Fog Machine
The fog machine is designed with the approval of the CE, ROHS and the ETL respectively.
You can carry this particular fog machine easily to your venue because it is designed to be a lightweight.
If you are making use of the 1byone 700 watts fog machine, you are sure of a thick fog output that is capable of filling two garages.
You will also have an option of purchasing the Company's wireless remote control or their timer remote which you can use to create special effect.
It is specifically designed to be easy to operate, heat up in just a few minute, spit out fog for 30 seconds or more and automatically shut itself off to reheat. Awesome!! Isn't it?
This machine is specially designed to perfectly use locally produced fog juice with issues and still capable of enhancing your laser lights.
- It comes with a hose drain which will enable you to operate it indoors.
- It comes with a wired remote control and an option to purchase extra wireless remote control with a timer for special effects.
- This fog machine is built to use only water based fog juice and can warm up and be ready for use in 3-5 minutes.
- It can produce large quantities of fog that can fill up more than 2 garage sizes.
- Thoroughly certified by the CE, ETL, RoHS and the ABS environmental protection.
- The Tank capacity is 900ml
- Power usage is 700 watts
- Appropriate heat up time is 5-6 minutes
- Power source from AC120 volts 60Hz
- Fog output of 2,500 cubic feet per meter
- Fog output travel for about 2m
- Size of the outline is 13.42 x 7.2 x 7.3
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Fog Machine
There are many brands of fog machines that are available for you to buy in the market. All you need to do is to consider certain factors before purchasing any of them.
This is to make sure that you are purchasing the right one that will be suitable for your needs. You should consider the following;
- Consider your ultimate use for the fog machine. That is where you are going to use it for what you want to use it for.
- Identify the place where the machine will be used, indoors or outdoors events.
- The size of the room or venue should be considered so that you will purchase the appropriate machine that can fill it with fog.
- Determine the type of effect you want to create whether it is a misty effect, dense foggy look or a down flowing fog that is close to the ground.
Putting all these factors into consideration will help you make the appropriate choice of the fog machine that will be suitable for you stage needs.
Now that you have considered the above factors and made a choice of what you want, we present these ten brands of fog machines for your perusal.
How To Use A Fog Machine
If you want your Fog Machine to perform at your command and to produce perfect results, you must know how to use it properly.
Learning how to properly use and maintain your fog machine is the first step to ensure a long lasting fog machine.
In order to make use of your fog machine and get appropriate results, you must follow these procedures;
- First of all, locate the perfect venue for your operation. This is a necessity if you are performing for a themed party or providing a haunted house effect.
- Check the fluid tank of the fog machine to ensure that it is full.
- Make sure that the fluid tank is where it can be accessed with your remote control.
- Then allow your fog machine to warm up. The machine should fully warm up by 3-5 minutes which a light indicator on the remote will alert you to. This particular aspect differs from each fog machine due to its brand.
- Use the machine's remote control. It is important to use a remote control that has timer control. This will enable you to regulate fog you want your machine to release, the fog's duration and the time intervals for the fog bursts.
- While the party or your event is going on, make sure to be checking the level of the fog juice. When the fluid in the tank reduces, make sure to refill it so as to ensure a steady flow of fog. It is important to be refilling the machine tank at intervals of 1 or 2 hours to prevent the machine from producing uneven fog bursts.
- Remove the screw on the cover of the fluid tank and fill it with fog juice half way. Remember not to fill the fog machine tank to the brim to avoid causing damage to the machine. Overfilling the fog machine's tank also causes spills that will dirty it and cause clogs that will need cleaning liquid to wipe.
- When you must have finished with the tank filling, screw the cover of the tank tight.
- The next step is to plug the sensor of the remote control right at the back of the fog machine. Make sure to tighten it properly to enable it to operate effectively.
- Power the fog machine by fixing the wire to an electric socket.
- Allow the machine the appropriate warm up period of 3-5 minutes to make sure that the nozzle is warm and the remote sensor's light has come on.
- After these processes, you can finally set your fog machine in motion to produce the best fogs and effects that will entertain your audience.
How To Clean A Fog Machine
A fog machine will give you the special effect you need for your live concerts, fun parties, and haunted effects if you properly take care of it.
When your fog machine starts acting funny, you should know that it is time to start cleaning it up. It is important to follow the appropriate process in cleaning your fog machine or else you might cause damages to your machine.
It is advisable to follow the cleaning instruction that usually comes in the instructional manual of that particular machine.
Tools for the cleaning
- Distilled water
- Clear vinegar
- Bring the fog machine outside when you are ready to clean it to prevent the smell caused by the combination of distilled water and vinegar.
- Clear the fog machine's tank of any remaining fog fluid that is inside it. Remember to completely clear it of all the fluid without leaving out any. You don't need to rinse it out since the vinegar solution will do that for you.
- Proceed to mix together, the distilled water and white distilled vinegar. Mix the two combinations 50 x 50 of each other. It is advisable to always use distilled water and not tap water. This is because Tap water is rich in certain mineral deposits which can reside on the fog machine and cause problems in the long run.
- Fill the tank of the fog machine with the mixture of the distilled water and vinegar. Make sure that the cleaning solution is poured almost to the brim of the fluid tank. This is to ensure a thorough cleaning of the fog machine's tank.
- Switch on the fog machine so that so that it can run while the cleaning solution inside of it.
- When all the cleaning solution must have run out, pour in ordinary distilled water into the fog machine and allow it to run also so as to rinse the machine.
- After cleansing and flushing of the fog machine, allow it to air dry properly.
- You can then switch off the fog machine and allow it to cool down. Then inspect the nozzle where the fog comes out from to see if there is any residue of dirt. Make use of a strong object or a fingernail to open the nozzle and scrape it. A pin or needle can be helpful to clean out any remaining dirt.
- Thoroughly rub down the outside of the fog machine with a wet cloth. Try to wipe all the hidden places of the fog machine with the damp cloth so as to remove any remaining dust that has accumulated for a long time.
- Immediately you finished with the cleaning, test the fluid in the fog machine. Fill the machine with fog fluid and allow it produce fog for some minutes to see if it can still operate perfectly. Do not forget to fill the fog machine with fluid and allow it to produce fog for some time before storing it.
If you have read through this right up, you will find out that a fog machine is a must have if you want to create special effects for your parties, live concerts, family gatherings, Halloween season entertainments and any other such events.
The fog machine is made to be available in several sizes and power levels so as to enable you to choose the one that will be suitable for your needs.
It is not all the fog machines on the market today that can actually give you the effect you want for your events. That is the reason we have selected out the best 10 for the year 2017 so as to save you from wasting your time and money.