Best Fondue Pot Reviews By Industry Experts (2020 Updated)
The fondue pot is the best thing to use if you want to prepare a fast food or some delicious snacks. You can use the fondue pot to prepare so many delicacies.
It usually comes with a melting bowl, set of forks or skewers which you will use to dip ingredients into your fondue.
As you well know, there are so many fondue pots in the market today which makes it difficult to get hold of the appropriate product that will suit your needs perfectly.
That is why we carried out an intensive research on many brands of fondue pots in the market so that we can find out the perfect product you can work with.
After our research, we have identified the best 10 fondue pots for 2018 which we are going to share below. Therefore, feel free to read this review as it will help you to make the perfect choice of fondue pot to suit your needs.
1. Wilton Chocolate & Candy Melts Melting Pot
If you want the best Fondue pot that can melt candy and chocolate of any color or flavor, the Wilton Chocolate and Candy Melting pot is your best option. This Wilton melting pot will allow you to produce chocolate coated strawberries, pretzels, cake pops and so many other delicious treats.
This electric melting pot is convenient to the user and easy to clean up due to the removable silicone pot. It is sturdy and long lasting with the ergonomic, resistant to heat handle.
This particular fondue pot is easy and safe to operate as the heating base is made to be cool when touched.
You can also keep this fondue pot rock steady while melting your candy as it comes with rubber feet that you can stand on your countertop.
With the Wilton Candy Melting pot, you can quickly and easily melt chocolate that reaches up to 2 ½ cups of Candy melts within 10 minutes.
To be precise, this particular fondue pot is all for melting chocolate candies which you can use to decorate perfect delicious treats.
The chocolate melted in this pot comes out cleanly with a gentle squeeze due to the silicone coating of the pot and this makes the cleaning process very easy and safe from the dishwasher.
The mechanism of the Wilton Chocolate and candy melting pot has two pouring sprouts which make it easy for pouring. They are also the best feature to use and fill decorating bags or when you want to sprinkle the melted candies directly on your treats.
- The Wilton Chocolate and Candy melts melting pot has two heating settings.
- There is also an indicator light which shows when the pot is ready.
- This particular fondue pot can contain up to 2.5 cups of already melted candy.
- It also comes with two pour spouts which make pouring the chocolate easy.
- The pot is also made of silicone which makes it safe, even heating and easy to keep clean.
- There is also a non-skid rubber stand at the base of the pot which will enable you to place it safely on your countertop.
- It has beautiful designs with a white body that is accented with purple color.
- This melting pot can quickly melt candy within 10 minutes or even less.
2. Cuisinart CFO-3SS Electric Fondue Maker
This particular fondue pot adds elegance to your party. The Cuisinart electric fondue maker can be used with oil, broth, chocolate, and cheese. It is sturdily built with the combination of strong electric heat and simple temperature control.
The body construction of the Cuisinart Electric Fondue Maker is sleek and compact. It is made of three quarts of pure stainless steel bowl that is coated to be non-stick. This is to ensure that the heated food does not stick to the pot and easy to clean.
You can conveniently operate this particular fondue pot as the temperature probe, stand, ring, and bowl is easy to be disassembled or assembled.
It heats up quickly to reach its maximum of 375 degrees Fahrenheit just in 10 to 15 minutes. Even, the temperature setting of the Cuisinart fondue maker is adjustable. This makes it possible to set the pot’s temperature at the level that will suit the particular ingredient you are using.
This fondue pot comes with 8 sets of color-coded forks for the fondue making and you can easily remove the parts for a more comfortable cleaning.
The interior of this particular fondue pot is specifically coated with Teflon to make sure that there are little or no residues which help to keep the pot safe in the dishwasher.
- This particular fondue pot comes together with 8 color-coded sets of fondue forks.
- There is also a fondue fork ring
- A fondue bowl is made with the Cuisinart Electric fondue maker.
- The construction of the bowl is of stainless steel and the interior of the fondue pot is non-stick.
- The temperature control of this Cuisinart Electric Fondue maker is adjustable.
- Its housing is of brushed stainless steel.
- It heats up fast to reach the maximum temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This particular fondue pot is efficient and saves time as it only takes 10-15 minutes to serve you a delectable treat.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- The power usage of this fondue pot reaches to 1000watts.
- There is also an added bonus of an instructional recipe book.
- The Cuisinart Electric Fondue Maker also comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
3. NutriChef Countertop Fondue Pot, Electric Fondue Set
This particular fondue pot is the best to give you and your friends or family a memorable night or day of fun. It is a fondue pot to use if you want to serve delicious treats or assorted kinds of food.
It has an electric base which will enable you to melt cheese or chocolate inside the pot.
To prevent confusion of your guests, this Fondue pot comes with six sets of color-coded forks so that everyone will know the fork that belongs to them.
The NutriChef countertop Fondue pot has an adjustable knob for temperature control. This will enable you to control the heat to the level that will be suitable for your fondue to avoid scalding or burning.
Also, you can comfortably move the NutriChef Countertop Fondue Pot around while cooking without the fear of sustaining burn on your hands due to the cool to the touch handle on it.
The removable cooking and serving bowl of this particular Fondue Pot makes it easy for you to melt either cheese or chocolate. It will also enable you to use low and even temperature to melt your delicacies without burning them.
This particular NutriChef Fondue Pot is resistant to heat which means that you can use high temperature on it to melt all sorts of food. You can even use this Fondue Pot to cook meat without causing any damage to the pot.
- The NutriChef fondue Pot plug is so simple that you can just plug it in.
- The body is portable and compact which makes it easy for melting fondue food.
- The Rotary temperature setting is adjustable.
- It has a high-powered heating element.
- This Fondue Pot’s cooking and serving bowl are removable.
- The interior is specially coated with Teflon to be non-stick and resistant to heat so that you can apply high temperature on it.
- Its handle has an ergonomic design to remain cool to the touch so as to enable you to move it around.
- The mechanisms of this Fondue Pot has a power LED with an indicator light.
- It also comes with six sets of color-coded dipping forks.
- You can comfortably set your NutriChef Fondue Pot on any countertop or kitchen table and be assured of its safety.
- 800-watt heating element
- Capacity of the bowl: 2+ quarts
- Diameter of the cooking bowl: 7.9 inches
- Length of the power cord: 3.3 feet
- Power usage: 120 volts
- Dimensions: 10.1 inches x 8.9 inches x 6.6 inches
- Weight: 4.52lbs
4. Cuisinart FP-115RS 13-Piece Cast Iron Fondue Set, Red
If you want to have the traditional fondue experience, this Fondue Pot is for you. This is the best fondue pot made for beginners. You can easily and effectively serve a delicious meal for two to four people with this fondue pot and clean it up easily also.
It has a red enamel to make it lustrous and sturdy.
The Cuisinart FP-115 fondue pot comes with a sturdily built and not so traditional stainless steel stand which you can use to stand your pot anywhere.
You can operate this particular Fondue pot with either methanol or Sterno which are easy to locate. It is a low-cost product yet it is a functional burner with stainless steel appearance.
This Fondue pot is affordable for all even with all the accessories it has.
Although it is a bit heavy due to the cast iron construction, it distributes heat evenly and can hold temperature. There is also a ring on the burner which will ensure that your food is always hot. You can even use it to control the temperature so as to prevent burnt chocolate.
The Cover of this particular Fondue pot has an eight-pointed star cutout which will enable you to rest your fork without the forks sliding down. It also comes with six forks for your convenience.
- The Cuisinart FP-115 cast iron Fondue Pot is specifically designed with six dipping color-coded forks.
- The body construction is of cast iron material.
- It has a sturdily built stand that looks like stainless steel.
- This Fondue Pot is dishwasher safe.
- You can easily set it up on a stove top and serve it separately on the table.
- The cast iron nature of this Fondue pot makes it easy to retain and distribute even heat.
- There is a ring at the burner that you can use to adjust the temperature.
5. Swissmar KF-66517 Lugano 2-Quart Cast Iron Cheese Fondue Set
This Fondue pot is built with the traditional cast iron pattern to enable you to produce tasty bread, delicious meat, cheese and palatable chocolate and fruits.
With the Swissmar Fondue Pot, you can conveniently and comfortably produce all sorts of food for your enjoyment.
It is like a set that comes together with a cast iron pot, wrought iron black rechaud, six Fondue forks for cheese and a Fondue burner.
You can even operate the Swissmar cast iron cheese Fondue pot on all types of heat sources without encountering any problem.
The interior of this Fondue pot is constructed with enamel which ensures the distribution of even heat. You also clean this Fondue pot easily.
In fact, if you are looking for the best electric Fondue pot that doesn’t need pre-seasoning and can operate on high and low temperature, the Swissmar KF-6617 Lugano cheese fondue set is your best option.
This set weighs 9.5 pounds and it is capable of 2 Quarts of cheese at the same time for your entertainment.
It serves multiple purposes. For instance, you can use it to prepare beef fondue, cheese fondue, and chocolate fondue respectively.
The six color-coded fondue forks of the Swissmar is built to be three-prong instead of the usual two-prong. This makes it easier for the forks to dip heavier items like potatoes or vegetables into the Fondue.
- It is made up of a 9-piece set for fondue.
- The Swissmar fondue pot is designed with enameled cast iron.
- It is built so that it can be rested on the stovetop or rechaud stand.
- There is an additional 3-ounce container of fire-gel for the burner.
- This particular Fondue Pot set comes with 6 fondue forks, a recipe, and non-stick utensils.
- It has the capacity of holding 2 liters or 2 quarts of fondue treats.
- You can also operate at a high or low temperature.
6. Cuisinart CFO-1000 Lazy Susan Electric Fondue Maker
This Fondue Pot makes fondue making simple and easy to prepare. It comes with its own accessories like the rotating Susan ring, 8 stainless steel forks, cup brackets, fork ring made of stainless steel and 4 stainless steel serving cups.
The Cuisinart CFO electric fondue maker ensures that you will get the best Fondue results with its heating element that uses 1000 watts. This feature makes sure that the pot heats up very fast to distribute even heat for the entire cooking session.
With the help of the thermostat, you can use this particular fondue pot to cook all sorts of food like meats, fish, cheese, chocolate fondues, and poultry. All you have to do is to choose the temperature that will be suitable for each food and set it on the thermostat.
The glass cover of this Fondue pot together with all the other accessories are dishwasher safe. This means that you can easily and effortlessly clean them up after use.
To be precise, the Cuisinart CFO-1000 Lazy Susan Electric Fondue Pot brings versatility to your cooking. You can easily and effectively use it to create all sorts of delicious treats to your heart’s content.
- This fondue pot boasts of 8color coded fondue forks which you can use pick the food you want to dip.
- The cover of the pot is made of glass which ensures that the food remains warm.
- The body construction of this fondue pot is of brushed stainless steel.
- The interior is coated with Teflon to remain non-stick which made it easy to clean up.
- The temperature setting is adjustable so that you can control your heat settings.
- The inside of the fondue pot is can hold up to 3-quarts of food or fondues.
- Its lazy Susan ring is removable and can rotate the serving cups easily around the pot.
- It comes with 4 serving cups with its own bracket for resting.
- There is also an additional recipe book that will teach you how to make dessert fondues, broth or cheese.
7. Chocolate Fondue Maker –Deluxe Electric Desert Fountain Fondue Pot set
This Fondue Pot is a must have if you the type that likes to enjoy movies or games night. It is so simple that you can use it as a gift item.
With the Chocolate Deluxe Fondue Maker, you don’t need to fear that your chocolate might burn because it operates at the perfect temperature.
This particular Fondue pot can be easily cleaned also it is the perfect one to use for a little family gathering or office party.
It serves dual purposes. This means that you can effectively use the Chocolate Fondue Maker to melt or warm your chocolate.
The bowl and serving tray of this fondue pot can be removed making it easy for you to clean up.
It comes with for dipping and drizzling forks which you can easily use to dip your fruits, favorite dessert treats, cake pop makers, pretzels, and marshmallows respectively.
In fact, the Chocolate Fondue Maker-Deluxe pot is the best gift you can give to your loved one on Valentine’s Day or father’s day celebration.
- This particular Fondue pot comes with four colored forks which makes dipping and drizzling of food easily.
- It is so compact and beautiful to serve as a gift item.
- It has a large serving tray which you can use to serve assorted delicious treats.
- The bowl and the serving trays are designed so that you can easily remove them and clean up the chocolate fountain.
- It serves dual purposes like melting and warming of chocolates.
- The temperature is set at the perfect level to melt your chocolate.
8. Aicok Electric Fondue Set Stainless Steel Fondue Pot
This product is one of the best fondue pots that you can use to have Fondue Fun times with. You can operate it with Sterno. This enables it to heat up faster and melt chocolate just in three minutes.
Also, you can easily use the Aicok Electric Fondue pot to melt a whole bag of chocolate bars or chips. It is also easy to store due to the magnetic cord attached to it.
The eight forks it comes with are all color coded so, your guest won’t be confused as to which fondue fork that belongs to whom.
This Fondue pot is set at the appropriate temperature so that it can be used as a warmer and also boil water.
You don’t have to fear of hot oil or broth splashes with the Aicok fondue pot because it is safe.
It has a temperature dial which serves more than the On/Off switch. Also, this particular Fondue Pot has a fork holder that prevents your forks from falling in.
This Fondue pot is resistant to heat and the exterior remains cool to the touch while it is melting chocolates.
In fact, this Fondue pot is portable and fanciful to give the owner a sense of pride while showing it off.
- It serves multiple fondue purposes like melting cheese, as hot pot and melting chocolates.
- The temperature dial is adjustable so as to enable you to set the heat level for the preparation of all kinds of food.
- It comes with a fork holder and eight color-coded forks.
- The fondue fountain is removable which makes for easier cleaning.
- This stainless steel fondue pot is non-stick.
- The capacity of the fondue pot is 48 ounces or 1.4l.
9. ClearMax CF-892 Electric 3-Tier Stainless Steel Chocolate Fountain, Silver
If you are having any special event which you want to host outdoors or even indoors, the ClearMax 3-tier chocolate fountain is your best Fondue instrument to use. It is the best Fondue pot that you can use for your gaffer cookies, pretzels, graham crackers fruits, apple wedges cookies, marshmallows, rice crispy treats or any other thing you may wish to dip in a freshly melted chocolate.
The operation of this particular Fondue pot is simplified so that anybody can easily make use of it. Its base is solidly built with high-quality stainless steel to ensure its efficiency and long lifespan.
This chocolate fountain can operate for 4 to 5 hours.
The ClearMax Electric 3 tier stainless steel is easy to operate, easy to clean up and affordable to acquire.
In fact, this fondue pot from ClearMax is a great hit amongst the people who have used it to entertain guests at their party. The chocolate fountain just keeps the chocolate flowing until all your guests have had their fill.
If you have used the ClearMax 3 tier stainless steel Chocolate fountain, you will surely like to use it again.
- This particular Fondue pot has a 3-tier tower which keeps the chocolate flowing.
- The body construction starting from the base to the tower is of high-quality stainless steel.
- It has the capacity to hold up to 2 ½ pounds of chocolate to satisfy a large crowd.
- The fountain of the ClearMax electric fondue pot is like the Auger fashion.
- It is the best chocolate melting pot for your marshmallows, pretzels, cookies, and fruits.
10. Trudeau Sorento 3-in-1 Fondue Set, 60 oz, Stainless Steel
This particular fondue pot is designed with an innovation in technology to stylish and elegant.
This 3 in one fondue pot is very good for your chocolate melting, meat or cheese heating.
It is designed from tri-ply copper which ensures consistent and even heat distribution. The body construction and the interior of the Trudeau 3-in-1 fondue pot are polished with 18/8 stainless steel.
This fondue pot is capable of containing up to 67 ounces of chocolate or any food you want to cook.
It contains the stoneware dual boiler inserts which you can use to prevent your cheese or chocolate from burning.
You can even use the pot with either the stoneware insert or without it and it will still operate efficiently.
This particular fondue pot can serve multiple purposes like water bath and chafing dish which you can use for hot dips.
It comes together with 6 sets of stainless steel forks which you can use for your dipping. Also, there is a burner added for your safety and an additional recipe book for your guidance.
In fact, the Trudeau fondue pot adds flavor and excitement to your events.
- It comes with six stainless steel forks for your dipping.
- This particular fondue pot has a safety burner.
- The Trudeau 3 in 1 fondue pot comes with a stoneware double boiler insert to help you protect your chocolate or cheese from burning.
- There is also an added bonus of a recipe book for your guidance.
- It is capable of holding 67 ounces of chocolate or any other food item.
- The base is specially designed with tri-ply copper to ensure consistent even heat distribution.
- It can be set on any tabletop style.
- The interior of this fondue pot contains polished 18/8 stainless steel.
- The double boiler enables this particular fondue pot to perform dual purposes.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Fondue Pot
A fondue pot is a must-have if you are the type of person that like to host your guests but do not have the time to cook. Fondue will give you the opportunity to come together and share a meal with your friends and family.
At least you will get the chance to meet and bond with people whom you have lost touch with over a hot pot of fondue.
If you want to purchase the best electric fondue pot that will be suitable for your needs, there are certain factors you should put into consideration. They are as follows;
- Determine your choice of fondue
To get the appropriate fondue pot, you should first consider the type of fondue you would want to make with the pot.
- The quality of the fondue pot:
You should also consider the material which was used in the construction of the fondue pot. Fondue pots are usually designed with cast iron, stainless steel, and ceramic materials respectively. The ceramic material is the cheapest amongst them while the stainless steel and cast iron materials are more expensive.
Although the later may be more expensive, they were strongly built to last long. All things considered, you should choose the one that will best suit your needs and budget.
- Consider the accompaniments of the fondue pot
Some fondue pots come equipped with its accessories while on some, you will have to purchase the accessories separately. For instance, a complete set should come with its own heating element and a set of fondue forks or skewers.
- The attributes
Also considering the attributes of the particular fondue pot you want to purchase is highly important. There are some that are designed with color-coded forks which help your guest to identify the different forks that belong to each person, ergonomic easy to grip handles and support rings which you will use to hold up the forks.
These features may make the fondue pot expensive but they normally add to the usefulness of the pot. You should look into the uniqueness of each feature to enable you to make your choice.
- Cleaning options
How easy a fondue pot is to clean is another important factor that you should put into consideration before purchasing one?
- Heating process
It is important to consider the heating process of the fondue pot. Although there are electric fondue pots, some of the pots are still heated the customary way with fuel or gel packs.
The electric pot is very easy and saves time. All you have to do is to plug your pot in and view as it heats up. However, if you are using the custom-made pot, you can stay anywhere to prepare your meal. You don’t need to worry about the length of the pot cord.
Again, you should consider the place where the product you like is available. Whether it is available online or in the stores. If you are satisfied with only the picture of the product or the description you got online, you can order the fondue pot and have it shipped to you.
However, if you are the type that likes to confirm before purchasing, you will have the opportunity to examine the pot. Also, you will get to receive guidance and enjoy your fondue pot the same day of its purchase.
The downside is that purchasing from a physical store tends to be more expensive than when you purchase it online.
Now that we have explained some factors which should guide your choice of the best chocolate melting pot, let’s go ahead to tell you about the ten fondue pots that caught our attention.
How To Use A Fondue Pot
The Fondue pot is the best device that you can use to create delicious treats for your guests. You can only get the best result out of your fondue pot if you make use of it properly.
Fondue pot can be operated with different kinds of heat sources such as electric, fuel sources like alcohol burners, Sterno or Butane burners.
The fondue pot usually comes with the alcohol burner. It is known to generate a very high heat which you use to cook meat or cheese fondue.
The gel fuel has the properties of gelatin alcohol fuel to burn perfectly without spillage, while the heat from Butane can be adjusted.
No matter the kind of heat source you are using, there are certain steps which you should follow to ensure a successful outcome. They are as follows;
- Buy the liquid fuel or the gel chafing fuel that you will use for the burner.
- Use a warm and soapy water to wash up your fondue pot.
- Dry the fondue pot thoroughly with a dry and towel.
- Then prepare the chocolate or cheese you want to fondue with the help of your recipe book.
- Fill it in the fondue pot and place the pot on the stove or table top.
- You can then apply a low or medium temperature to the fondue pot to get the best result.
- Before you light the burner, select the location that you will be serving the fondue.
- Make sure that the surface is resistant to heat or you can use the wooden base that comes with the fondue pot.
- Avoid placing the fondue pot where there is drafts or near inflammable items like curtains etc.
- Always make sure that the Fondue pot is kept out of the reach of children.
- Make sure that you keep the fondue pot on a level, stable or flat surface for efficiency.
If you are using Alcohol or fuel burner, the following steps should apply;
- Fill up the base of the burner with 2-3 oz. of fuel or alcohol which will last for 1 ½ hours.
- Cover up the base with the cover of the burner before moving the burner to the fondue stand.
- Firmly set the burner on the stand of the Fondue pot stand and remove the cover.
- Light a match and bring it nearer to the hole at the center of the cover of the burner until it ignites.
- Use the handle that is attached to the base of the burner to adjust the flame to low or high.
- Use the cover of the burner to cover the base when you want to put out the flames.
Tips of what to avoid when using the alcohol burner;
- Make sure you do not fill the holder of the liquid fuel too much to prevent excess flame production.
- Always make use of denatured alcohol.
- Remember to always wipe the fuel holder clean of any spilled drops after filling.
- Do not keep the container of the liquid fuel near the vicinity of the burner as you are lighting it.
- Only use a match to ignite the center hole of the burner. Do not use the lighter or tip the burner to light up.
- Always make sure the fuel holder is thoroughly secured in the stand to avoid tipping over and spilling.
- Only use the control cap of the adjustable temperature to control the flames.
- Do not top fuel or alcohol to the already lit or a hot burner.
- Make sure to only use the burner cover to extinguish the flames
- You can only clean the fondue pot or the burner when it has cooled down.
Related reading: Range Hoods Under Cabinet buying guide.
Let's move on to the video below:
How To Clean A Fondue Pot
The Fondue is a delicious treat which you can enjoy with your friends and family but after the party comes the task of cleaning.
Cleaning up the burnt residues of chocolate or cheese on the fondue pot is not as delicious as the fondue though. It is part of the maintenance process. Therefore, you should follow the appropriate steps to make sure that your Fondue pot becomes good as new after cleaning.
Things you will need;
- Hot water
- Powdered dishwasher detergent
- Cool or lukewarm water
- Non-abrasive sponge
- Stainless steel scrubber
- A wooden spoon
- Dry dish towel
- A square wooden block
- Pot or kettle safe stovetop
- A teaspoon
- Heat the water you want to use. It can be either in the fondue pot or another pot in the case of ceramic inserts.
- Pour the hot water inside the fondue pot to reach the level where the residue is. You can also pour the hot water an inch below the top of the fondue pot.
- Make sure that your hands are protected by a pot holder or an oven mitt.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of dishwasher detergent powder and put into the pot to soak.
- Carefully stir the detergent with the spoon so as to prevent sloshing of the water.
- Allow the pot to sit for about 30 minutes to enable the detergent break down the residual food particles.
- Pour away the water in the pot and rinse it with cool or lukewarm water.
- If there is a remaining residue of dirt in the fondue pot, scrub it with the non-abrasive sponge.
- If the fondue pot is made of stainless steel, use a steel scrubber to scrub the remaining dirt.
- For a ceramic fondue pot, apply the wooden spoon. If it is not enough to clean the dirt, you can make use of the square wood block edges.
- Rinse the fondue pot again and dry it with a dry dish towel.
- Do not boil the cleaning water with the fondue pot if the pot has of ceramic inserts.
- Remember not to use dish soap to clean your fondue pot.
- Do not use a steel scrubber to sponge off residual dirt on a ceramic pot.
- Always put on oven mitts or pot holder to protect your hands from the scalding hot water.
- Make sure to gently scrub the pot to avoid scratching the interior of the pot.
- Do not place a fondue pot that is not stovetop safe on a stove.
If you have been following this review so far, you will agree that the Fondue pot is the best device to enjoy a communal gathering with your friends or family. You will also find out that the above listed 10 fondue pots are the best to purchase for the 2017 year. We have carried out a thorough research on each of the above products.
We found out that each of them has specific features and specifications that are unique and complete.
Therefore, feel free to go through our findings so as to help you make an informed choice of a fondue pot that will suit your needs.