How To Melt Chocolate In A Fondue Pot?
Chocolate fondues are delicious and tantalizing treats which are used for special moments or occasions. You don’t need to go to so much process to have one. All you need to do is to select the chocolate you like best for melting and go ahead to enjoy yourself.
There are so many simple techniques that you can use to melt your chocolate fondue. In this write-up, we are focusing on how you can melt your chocolate in a fondue pot so as to ensure a successful outcome.
Things you will need:
The following materials are necessary if you want to melt your chocolate fondue and get a delicious treat;
- The fondue pot
- About 12 ounces of milk chocolate bar or chips
- One cup of heavy cream
- 2 T. sizeable peanut butter
- A pinch of Sea salt
- Fondue Forks
- A piece of parchment paper
- Bamboo skewers
- Flavors of toffee, espresso, and Kahlua although they are not compulsory.
The melting process:
- Make your choice
Select the particular chocolate that would like to melt. You don’t need to fear that the chocolate you chose might be difficult to melt. Rest assured because no matter the type of chocolate you select, all of them will follow the same melting process.
- Avoid water
Do not allow water to get near to your chocolate before melting. This can cause the chocolate to harden or freeze over thereby spoiling the texture of the chocolate and its consistency.
- Put the chocolate
Then add like 12-ounces of the chocolate you have selected in the fondue pot.
- Set the fondue pot on a low heat
It is important to always set your chocolate on a low heat. This is because; overheated chocolates tend to appear dry and crumbly when you look at them. Therefore, if you don’t want to have this type of result, make sure to use low heat and slowly melt your chocolate.
- You can now add a heavy cream
Adding cream or 2 drops of vegetable oil to the chocolate can help you to save it from burning. You don’t need to add much just a little amount of the oil to help add moisture to the chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate a pinch of sea salt
- Stir the chocolate
You can then begin to stir the chocolate fondue as it starts melting.
- Monitor the heating of the chocolate
If you find out that the heat has already melted the chocolate, you can reduce the heat.
The result of your effort will be a pot full of chocolate fondue that is rich, creamy and highly delicious.
- Add other things
It is then the time to add the dipping materials like the fondue fork or fruits like strawberries. It is important to begin the dipping process immediately you are through with melting the chocolate. Remember to dry any of the items you want to dip into the melted chocolate are dry to prevent the chocolate from seizing.
Make sure that the preparation of the chocolate for melting takes about 5 minutes.
Remember that you can only cook the chocolate fondue for about 10 minutes which will add up to 15 minutes with the preparation.
- Pour a heavy cream in a little nonreactive pan
- Set it on a low-medium heat
- Allow the cream to simmer for a short time
- Choose the appropriate chocolate you like
- When the cream has simmered enough, bring it out from heat source and add it to the chocolate
- You can then pour the chocolate in your fondue pot that the under is lit with the servo.
- Add any flavor of your choice although it is not compulsory.
- You are free to start dipping with the items you want to dip with.
These simple methods will enable you to melt your chocolate in a fondue pot. You may have thought that it is a difficult style since you are used to using other methods. I can assure that this will save you some time and energy.