A few years ago our family gave up the usual Easter turkey dinner for brunch. We come together in the morning (over 20 of us!), at my parents’ place and lounge and eat. And catch up. And play games. And laugh. Lots and lots of laughing.
I think the consensus with everyone is that brunch is a huge hit. So I thought I’d share some beautiful brunch recipes, from my fellow food bloggers from all across Canada, to inspire you for your next get together!
1. Are you as in love with this stunning Chocolate Banana Babka as me? The recipe is here, at Occasionally Eggs and is made with dark chocolate, bananas, non-dairy milk and spelt flour. It’s at the top of my list to make for Easter!
2. Soft boiled eggs were a staple at our house and I still love them to this day. I’m smitten with these Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs With Thyme and Parmesan Soldiers via My Kitchen Love. What an easy dish to prepare for a brunch table! Recipe here.
3. If you follow me at all, you know how much this family loves scones! Skillet Lemon Blueberry Scone Recipe from my friends over at Hello Creative Family. The perfect scone recipe for spring! Find the easy recipe, here.
4. I’m throwing this beautiful (and make ahead!) Beer and Buttermilk Crêpe Cake into the mix. I’ve made it on several occasions, and the beauty is that you can make the crêpes ahead of time! Top it with fresh market berries and use it for the table centerpiece. Recipe here.
5. For all of those Eggs Benedict dishes, a Healthy Hollandaise Sauce is a must. I’m completely intrigued by this version, and since this sauce is my daughter’s favourite, I’ll be trying it out as soon as possible! The recipe is from The Bewitchin Kitchen and can be found here.
6. I’m happy to include this incredible recipe for a Dutch Baby Pancake for you. It’s such an easy recipe and can go straight from oven to table. Kids and adults alike love how this giant pancake puffs up in the oven. Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a bowl of fruit on the side and you have a winner! You can find the recipe here.
7. How could I do a round up and not include these adorable Sheep Cheese Balls? The kids and adults would love them! Creative genius via Jo and Sue and their recipe can be found here.
8. What would a brunch table be without French toast? How about Easter French Toast in Crispy Tempura Batter?! Yes please! The recipe comes via Sugar Love Spices and the post even ends with a beautiful original poem from Loreto! Look here.
9. Listen, nothing happens at our house until the coffee is poured. Even though I am ridiculously in love with my brother’s espresso machine, I’m also just as happy to start the day with this Truly Magical Iced Coffee (with or without the hit of bourbon, you decide). Recipe here.
10. I’m saving this last spot just for you. Since we can’t be at the same table (wouldn’t that be fun?!), feel free to share your favourite brunch recipes with me in the comments. I’m always looking for new things to try.
I hope that your next brunch is filled with as much noise and food and chaos that ours usually is. I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Happy weekend friends,