I ran into the grocery store this week for dinner supplies and wouldn’t you know it, there was a fellow loading up a shelf of swiss rolls right as I walked in the door. Instant happiness. Only because the swiss rolls remind me of the sweetest lady I ever had the honour of loving and she had a weakness for them (you can read about her here). So I grabbed a few packages, for no other reason than the fact that they make me happy, and headed home.
For the rest of the afternoon I looked forward to my after dinner tea, when I might have a slice or two of the swiss rolls and put my feet up for a while. But before I knew it, I was whipping cream and cleaning raspberries and well, mini trifles were born. These are quick guys. I mean fast. And so pretty.
I loaded them up with big beautiful berries, lemon curd folded into fresh whipped cream and those soft and spongy swiss rolls of love.
Just to enjoy the moment a little more, I layered my serving into my grandmothers tea cup. Seemed like the perfect way to end a Wednesday to me.
Have a sweet week friends,
A super quick recipe for Mini Lemon Raspberry Trifles using store bought swiss rolls, lemon curd, fresh berries and whipped topping. This comes together so fast and is dinner party worthy!
- 1 pkg of raspberry swiss rolls
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries for serving
- In a medium bowl, using a mixer on high speed, whip the heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In a smaller bowl fold 1 cup of the whipped cream with one cup of lemon curd; set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the swiss rolls into 1 inch slices; set aside.
- To make mini trifles, put a slice of swiss roll on the bottom of a small jar. Top with a spoonful of the lemon cream. Add a layer of fresh raspberries. Top with another swiss roll slice, another spoonful of lemon cream and a layer of raspberries. Top with a swirl of the remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.