I’m really excited to share these Strawberry Bellinis with you, for a few reasons…
Number one, this is my first drink post! And it’s gorgeous. And it’s the first post that left me completely giddy and light headed when the photography was complete. I mean, I’ve been punch drunk over some good chocolate icing before too, but this was different, if you know what I mean. I was preparing drinks for my husband to photograph, and simultaneously dancing and telling jokes. It all became very awkward.
Two, strawberry season has officially started, and that makes this girl so happy! It really is the kick-off to summer and all of the delicious locally grown food to come. We definitely eat our share of berries, and use them for all sorts of goodness. Pies. Jams. Syrups. Sundaes. And drinks of all kinds.
And lastly, this couldn’t be any easier! Fresh berries, Prosecco, frozen puree, and done!
The ice cubes are a strawberry puree, that sweeten the Prosecco as they melt. And those Prosecco soaked berries, in the bottom of the glass, are probably my favourite part of the drink. Slightly sweet, drunken strawberries. Yes. Just yes.
This is the perfect patio drink. Or week-end brunch cocktail. Perhaps even a toast to making it through Monday.
Happy summer friends,
*yield is 4-6 drinks
- 2 1/2 cups pureed strawberries (add 1-2 tbsp. of sugar for extra sweetness if desired)
- 1 bottle Prosecco, well chilled
- fresh strawberries for garnish, washed
- Puree the 2 cups of strawberries in a blender and divide evenly in an ice cube tray. Freeze for 4-6 hours.
- In a cocktail glass or champagne flute, add two frozen berry cubes and a handful of fresh berries. Top with Prosecco and drink immediately.