It’s hard to believe that in just a week’s time my blog will be celebrating its second birthday. It started out with just a simple love for baking and SweetRevelations has grown into so much more.
It helped to launch my dream of owning a business.
It reminded me of my love of writing and creating.
It opened the door to so many amazing experiences and friendships.
Not to mention the extra twenty pounds I’ve gained since the birth of this sweet idea.
I currently have a love for desserts that are mini size. Small and decadent. Little wee bites of sweet goodness. Simple and elegant lined up on a classic white dessert platter.
These are Mini Lemon Cheesecakes that I baked on a tangy Lemon Sponge base.
I’m so grateful for all of your interest this past year. I sure do love all of your comments and e-mails. I wish you were here so I could give you a good ol’ squeeze!
Lemon Sponge Base
*adapted from GoodFood.com
Makes enough for 24 mini cheesecakes
- 175 gr unsalted butter
- 175 gr sugar
- 175 gr self-rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350°
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat just until combined.
2. Place 1 tbsp in the bottom of each cavity of a mini cheesecake pan. You will have some batter leftover that will make great cupcakes! Bake the sponge bases for 10 minutes while you make the cheesecake.
Lower oven temp to 300°
- 450 gr cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
1. In a medium-sized bowl beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth. Blend in the sugar until well incorporated. Mix in the salt, vanilla and lemon juice. Finally, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Careful not to over mix!
2. Spoon the cheesecake mixture onto the sponge bases. I filled mine right to the top. Bake for 14 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow cheesecakes to cool in the pan in the oven.
Garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream. I also made some rose petals with melted white chocolate and used those on top.
*these cheesecakes freeze really well.