Well I sure have missed this place! Been a while since I posted a recipe, but it’s not for lack of baking! Things sure are busy in this house and summer is here in full swing.
I love today’s post for many reasons..
1. It takes less than 15 minutes and looks like a million bucks.
2. I made this this morning and let it chill for the rest of the day until our company arrived for dinner which meant I had no dessert hassle. Just placed it on the table and looked like the wife and hostess of the year (as I wiped my brow…).
3. It’s disposable. I’m still using that package of disposable wine glasses I got a month ago for this post here. Then I realised that I also used these cups here, both of which are my last two posts! I am not for filling the landfills with plastic, but I do have a package of glasses to use up.
4. It tastes ridiculously summery good.
A lady from our local market shared a similar recipe with me. I added the jello bottom and couldn’t resist the beautiful cherries for garnish. For the cream cheese whip I used some frozen mixed berries with pomegranate. I threw in some of my own frozen summer strawberries too. Its light and delicious!
Easy Summer Whipped Parfait
- 1 pkg jello, any berry flavour prepared and poured into the bottom of serving glasses ( I did this the night before)
- 250 gr cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups mashed berries
- 1 litre container of frozen whipped topping thawed
1. Beat sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add berries and mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over jello that has set.
2. Refrigerate several hours. Garnish with more whipped cream, chocolate shavings, berries, etc.
Note: You can also pour the whipped mixture over a 9×13 graham crust and refrigerate.