May seems to be flying by and I can’t believe I missed my one year blog anniversary! One year ago on Mother’s Day I started this crazy adventure and somehow wrangled my husband into doing the pictures for me.
I had no idea what blogging would entail. No really, I had NO idea what I was doing. Photography? Food styling? I’m just a girl who loves to bake yummy things and share them with others. And I still have a lot to learn.
The world is such a small place for bloggers and foodies alike. I can’t believe the mail I’ve received from people who live in some pretty amazing places. I love to hear from you! I love to receive all of your questions and comments. There are actually more people than just me who think frosting should be added as the 5th food group.
I have learned so much from you too. I am constantly amazed by the other sites I visit. Some of you have been a real inspiration to me! Let’s see where this road takes us, shall we? I’m excited to see what the next year brings.
Mini Wild Blueberry and Cream Cheese Trifles
*make these in disposable cups for easy clean-up!
*recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction
- 5 slices of ready made pound cake cut into small cubes
- 250 g cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/4 cup sugar
- wild blueberry sauce – I used about 1 1/2 cups of my homemade Wild Blueberry and Lemon Preserves (here)
1. Whip cream cheese, vanilla, cream, lemon zest and sugar in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
2. I layered the cream cheese whip, pound cake and blueberry sauce in disposable plastic wine cups. Yield 7 dessert cups.