This is the time of year to get the trailer out of storage and head out for some outdoor fun! We are however, hardly “in the wild” with our heated trailer, coffee maker (ESSENTIAL) and other modern goodies. But whether you’re tenting it or in a trailer, the sight of a roaring campfire and the smell of a roasted marshmallow is the same! Since Monday is a holiday for us, we have booked a few sites and are heading out to meet some of my siblings and their families for the first camp of the season. My sister already put in a request for some peanut butter and chocolate chip muffins which are the perfect snack if you’re out hiking or at the beach. I searched high and low for that darn recipe, but no results…so in the end I had to wing it. Essentially, with a good base, anyone can make yummy muffins. Enjoy,
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a small bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium size bowl, mix the milk, peanut butter, oil, egg and vanilla.
2. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Stir in chocolate chips. Only stir until mixture is moistened. Too much mixing results in dry muffins.
3. Divide evenly into greased muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins.
Yield: 10-12 muffins